Wednesday 1 February 2012

As a result of a recent C.P. lecture I was left considering the idea of Space in what I saw as quite a spiritual, and theoretical way.  We were asked to consider several questions concerning what we considered to be spaces, and what we considered to be objects, How one can experience space, and whether or not space is the same as place....

After researching the idea of space in design, I came across an Artist who uses feathers to fill space in different ways, this provided me with a different angle when considering my theme of plumage, the images below left me wondering how such weightless objects could define a specific 'space' .....





                                                               www.yatzer.com/The-feather-explosions-of-Kate...


The tone and texture here is intriguing, however the scale and large mass of feathers is invading and   frightening, opposing connotaions that would usually be associated with feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment